TransParcNet Meeting 2016 of the EUROPARC FEDERATION in Saxon-Bohemian Switzerland,
jointly organized by
Nationalparkverwaltung Sächsische Schweiz
Správa národního parku České Švýcarsko
Správa chráněné krajinné oblasti Labské pískovce
NationalparkZentrum Sächsische Schweiz
We are very pleased to invite you to the annual TransParcNet Meeting 2016. The meeting will take place in Saxon-Bohemain Switzerland at the German-Czech border. We look forward to welcome you from Tuesday 7th to Friday 10th June 2016 in Bad Schandau.
This year's meeting will focus on "Visitor Management in Protected Areas" in transboundary regions. We will study experiences from transboundary areas and also enjoy views on the sandstone rock formations, deep gorges and romantic Elbe river valley, which annually attract hundreds of thousands of visitors.
We also seek your contribution and experiences with monitoring and management of visitors and with promoting acceptance for nature conservation in protected Areas!
Venue is at National Park Centre, Conference language is English.
The online registration is open until 22nd of April 2016.
The nearest airport is Dresden (however with limited range of international destinations). Lager airports are Berlin or Prague, depending on your flight preferences. Berlin is more distant from Bad Schandau than Prague.
> Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL)
- with the Airport Express Bus to Berlin Main Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof), from there with the Eurocity EC (direction Praha hl.n., leaves every two hours, about 2.5 h of travel time) to Bad Schandau Train Station (Nationalparkbahnhof)
- with the Airport Express Bus to Alexanderplatz, from there with an Intercity Bus (book in advance at flixbus.de, busses leave every two hours from 7am to 11pm, about 2.5 to 3h of travel time) directly to Dresden Main Station (Hauptbahnhof), change there into S1 train “Schöna” direction (Tickets available at Dresden Main Station), about 45min to Bad Schandau Train Station (Nationalparkbahnhof)
> Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (SXF)
- with an Intercity Bus (book in advance at flixbus.de, busses leave once to twice every two hours from 7am to 11pm, about 2h of travel time) directly from the Aiport to Dresden Main Station (Hauptbahnhof), change there into S1 train “Schöna” direction (tickets available at Dresden Main Station), about 45min to Bad Schandau Train Station
- S-Bahn “Berlin Bundesplatz” (train) to Berlin Südkreuz, from there with the Eurocity EC (direction Praha hl.n., leaves every two hours, about 2.5h of travel time, tickets available at the station Berlin Südkreuz) to Bad Schandau Train Station (Nationalparkbahnhof)
> Dresden Airport (DRS)
- directly from the Airport with S2 train “Pirna” to Dresden Main Station (Hauptbahnhof), change there into S1 train “Schöna” direction, about 45min to Bad Schandau Train station (tickets available at the airport train station)
> Vaclav Havel Airport Prague (PRG)
- with public or Airport express to Metro station Holešovice, underground train to Prague Main Station (hlavní nádraží), from there with the Eurocity train EC (direction Hamburg-Altona, leaves every two hours, about 1h 45min travel time, tickets available at the aiport or train stations) to Bad Schandau train Station (Nationalparkbahnhof)
- with public or Airport Express Busses to Metro station Holešovice, underground train to Prague Masarykovo Train Station, with Regional Train to Děčin, change there into RB in Rumburk direction (tickets available at the aiport or train stations, from Masarykovo Station about 2.5h travel time, tickets available at the aiport or train stations) to Bad Schandau train Station (Nationalparkbahnhof)
The town of Bad Schandau is very conviniently situated at the main international railway line Hamburg - Berlin - Dresden - Bad Schandau - Děčín - Prague - Vienna - Budapest and all international trains make a stop here, so that train might by a reasonable alternative to the flights from less distant destinations. It is recommended to check the actual train timetable before the travel, e.g. at Deutsche Bahn. From the train station in Bad Schandau (Nationalparkbahnhof) it is recommended to use the ferry (Fähre) to reach the town centre of Bad Schandau that is situated on the other side of the Elbe river. From here the National Parc Centre as well as your hotels are situated in walking distance.
> From northern directions: Highway A17 (Dresden-Prague), exit No. 6 Pirna.Then follow the sign „Pirna“, a few kilometers later at the right hand side „Bad Schandau“ on B172.
> From southern directions: Highway A17 (Dresden-Prague), exit No. 7 Bahretal. Then follow signs „Cotta“, "Krietzschwitz", later „Königstein“ and „Bad Schandau“.
Getting closer to Bad Schandau, please cross the Elbe river bridge, and follow the sign „P Nationalparkzentrum“, which takes you to the main public parking lot in town. The hotels and the National Park Centre are now signedposted and in walking distance. If you use a navigation system, please enter „Bad Schandau, Elbkai“ as destination point.
Conference venue and starting Point for the excursions will be the National Park Centre Saxon Switzerland (NationalparkZentrum Sächsische Schweiz) in D-01814 Bad Schandau, Dresdner Straße 2 B. See also the map here.
The hotel rooms are pre-booked until 22nd of April 2016, afterwards please ask.
Euro (EUR). However, in case of travel through the Czech Republic and for the excursions to the Bohemian Switzerland National Park in the Czech Republic it might be useful to have some Money in the Czech currency (Czech Crown, CZK).
Please, look for the detailled program of TransParcNet meeting here.